Saturday, January 10, 2009

Easy diaper covers


I decided to try my hand at making some soakers for my son, and I was very pleased at the outcome. Let me start by saying I am not good at sewing things, unless they are square & flat, and I have a hard time using patterns. This was so easy! I used Katrina's Sew Quick Soaker Pattern (newer pattern), and some lambswool sweater scraps I had from another project. My son has sensitive skin, so I made my seams on the outside. I think they look kinda cute that way too :) I added a wool scrap in the "wet zone" for added protection too. I think i'll try a pair of longies next. I imagine I could just add sleeves for the legs instead of the little cuffs.

2 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

oh my gosh these are cute kris!
great job!
:) melissa

Resweater said...

You are too nice, Melissa!