Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's What I've Been working on Wednesday! Guess what it is!


Guess what I made?

Wow Kris, that's the ugliest purse i've ever seen! First wool underwear & now this? Maybe you need a vacation... or 2.

Nope... it's an insulated grocery bag liner for frozen/cold foods! Yes, it's ugly, but it will always be inside of a grocery bag, so who cares! I don't know about you, but I always have one more stop to make, or a kid to pick up from school, and sometimes those frozen foods don't go straight home & into the fridge/freezer. This will keep them cold/frozen much longer, because wool is naturally insulating.

I made it in the basic shape of a paper grocery bag (sides & a bottom, though it's hard to tell from the picture), so it will stand up like one, even if you place it in a floppy bag, like the one I used below. In the next ones I make, I will use basic rectangles for the front & back, but for this one I tapered it toward the top, so I could incorporate the piece of cardigan I had on hand for the closure.

How do you use it? Just put the insulated liner in your grocery bag, put your cold/frozen groceries in....

... button it up...

... and you're ready to go!


This is a great way to use up those sweaters that felted up a bit too thick for it's intended project. For these, the thicker the better!

As always, I love to see what you've been working on, so feel free to post your finished recycled wool projects on my Facebook Page!

10 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

Oh, I *love* this idea, Kris! and it's so matchy with your shopping bag, too ;^)

Posy Palettes said...

What a great idea! So creative!

Jilly Lovett said...

Hmmm those sweaters that felted too much...I have some waiting to be turned into tea cosies, caffetiere cosies and recently I thought - would shoe insoles work with those extra thick sweaters?

Resweater said...

Absolutely, Jilly! That is actually scheduled (in my head) to be an upcoming post.

Lora said...

I made wool shoe inserts. They are great. I don't always like to wear socks...

Also, chair pads for the bottom of the chair legs. Thick is good. I used elmers glue. They have held up really well....

Anudja said...

I love your blog! I think I'm well on my way to becoming a recycled sweater fanatic, no wait, artist! :) I can't wait to see your shoe insert post.

Unknown said...

clever! I like how you used the buttons.

Ginny said...

Very smart idea Kris, whatever will you think of next??!!

Trevor Darling said...

I can't believe I found you - your blog is a dream come true! I have finally decided to indulge in my obsession with felted sweaters and here you are with all your creative clever ideas and links to everyone else! such excellent photos!! what an inspiration!! thank-you thank-you THANK-YOU!!!!

Resweater said...

Wow, thank you!