Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday!


I fell in love with a recycled wool running sweater jacket in Ewerun's Etsy shop, but alas, it was a size small. No amount of jogging will turn me into a size small ;). I decided to attempt my own, and though it's not nearly as cute, I am pretty happy with it, and it will be great for running.
I used a soft stripey merino for the arms & hood, and a thicker soft gray wool for the body & "hand warmers"... I just added part of the sleeves from the the gray to make them longer. When they are rolled down, they make great hand warmers. When they are rolled up, they are just cuffs. I made the hood a bit elfish looking, and used felted seams to make the drawstring.

When it is zipped all the way, and the drawstrings are tightened, it covers quite a bit of my face.


So, what have you been working on? Feel free to post your finished recycled wool projects on my Facebook page!

12 comments:

soherewearejv said...

That is amazing! It's a beautiful jacket. Once again you have inspired me. Besides bags and accessories I haven't tried clothing but often thought certain wools were way too soft to make a bag.

Anne Magee said...

That's adorable! I love it! Love the detail on the hood :)

Carpenters said...

So cute! The hood is amazing and looks super warm and cozy. You've inspired me to get crackin' on some of my resweater projects.

Jen said...

Is this going to become a tutorial tuesday? :)

Anudja said...

I love it! Such a creative idea! I haven't tried clothing either and can't wait to try now. Keep 'em coming!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the striped sleeves. and it reminds me of something I've seen somewhere else too, in pink... he,he!

Resweater said...

Victoria, did you make one like this?

Miss Muffin said...

Looks so comfy!

I got the idea of using felted sweaters here, made my own little rat army http://craftymuffin.blogspot.com/2010/12/ratinvasie.html

Resweater said...

Those are adorable, Miss Muffin! You should post a picture of those on my Facebook page.

Unknown said...

you look amazing friend..you are so skinny!!!

anna jo said...

So how is all the upcycled running gear working out?? I want to make some running tights/capris (inspired by your post!) someday. This jacket is awesome, too.

Resweater said...

I love wool for running clothes! All my synthetics make me either hot or cold, but my wool keeps me feeling perfectly comfortable, and once it airs out it's no longer stinky (sorry if tmi!).