Wednesday, November 2, 2011

It's What I'm working on Wednesday!

Because of Halloween, I didn't get much sewing in this week, but I plan to make lots of owl skirts this week! I've got some fun scraps ready to make owl parts...


and a couple of owls cut out...


but i'm figuring out how I want them. I wasn't crazy about how the button eyes (above) turned out, so I made some wool ones instead.


I tried something a little different with this sock monkey skirt.

I used the hem of the sweaters, instead of making my own hem. I think I like my own hem better. This ended up looking squarish at the bottom. I also didn't have quite enough of the brown heathered, as I did the red, so I made the brown panels a little narrower. I think that turned out ok. I am hoping to have a tutorial worked up for these skirts on Tuesday, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Dena and Adrianna said...

Yeah! I can't wait for the tutorial. I want to make one of those sock monkey skirts...even though I might get laughed at (a 55 y/o woman wearing a sock monkey) but it's too darn cute!!!

About the button eyes...that's my FAV part of creating my owls...searching for the "perfect" buttons....lol

teekaroo said...

Can't wait to see the finished product and the tutorial!

Sewing-Chick said...

I might have to steal your sock monkey idea! That would be adorable on a onesie for baby Jonas :)

Resweater said...

Nothing wrong with a 55 year old woman wearing a sock monkey skirt in my opinion!

The tutorial will be up on Tuesday! :)

Steal away, Sewing Chick! It's not really my idea... I just sorta looked around at others' sock monkeys out there to get mine. A sock monkey onesie will be so cute!